If you are having trouble getting a particular NWC uploaded to Glue, here are some steps to try:
- you can open it in Navisworks, export to DWF and try Uploading that using the Glue client
- you could open it in Navisworks 2015 and then Glue It from there. Unfortunately, there is no ‘Glue It’ addin available for Navisworks 2016. As I understand it, the new Glue sync features in 2016 mean that a simple Glue It button for Navisworks will not be available in Navisworks 2016.
Also, there are new addins available today (11 May 2015):
Go to this link to download BIM360 addins (you will need to sign in to Glue first, then use the link below):
More at: To Install BIM 360 Add-Ins | BIM 360 Glue | Autodesk Knowledge Network
Check it out:
Just making sure you got these two important points:
- All project and enterprise BIM 360 Glue subscriptions include access to Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2016 (available soon) for use by the purchasing company
- Attach and view BIM 360 Glue models directly inside AutoCAD 2016
Reference the Glue merged model as you design to avoid potential conflicts
Some game changing stuff here…
From joan.allen on the Ideastation:
I’m happy to announce that you can view gridlines on the iPad app – and control the visibility settings of grids in both 2D and 3D view – with the BIM 360 Glue iPad app V3.0 that was released today. Learn more here about the new 2D to 3D “Map” navigation feature and gridline controls: http://youtu.be/ILqdJVjloA0
To simulate a temporary search set in Glue, select an object and view its properties. Then, right-click on the desired “search” property and click Select Similar:
To merge Clash Groups in Navisworks:
- Select the Groups you want to Merge with Ctrl key
- Right-click, Explode (the child clashes will remain selected)
- Right-click, Group
Screencast of above:
BIM360 Revit 2015 Add-in link:
Recap 220.127.116.11_to_18.104.22.168 link:
If you forget to close Revit before trying to install the Glue update, you might get this error. Just close Revit, remove the BIM360 addin and then reinstall it.
I’m looking forward to tighter BIM 360 Glue and Navisworks integration moving forward…
All project and enterprise BIM 360 Glue subscriptions now include access to Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage and Autodesk® Point Layout for use by the purchasing company.
Navisworks Manage 2015 and Autodesk Point Layout 2015
With this new entitlement, connected office and field teams can more easily collaborate using streamlined BIM workflows on everything from multidiscipline coordination and material takeoff to component staking and installation. By removing access barriers, teams can improve information accuracy at the point of construction and help accelerate project delivery.
Navisworks Manage and Point Layout may only be used by the purchasing company’s employees who have access to a BIM 360 Glue Project. These products may be used in conjunction with BIM 360 Glue in order to do work on that specific BIM 360 Glue Project.
In order to grant access to a user to either of Navisworks Manage or Point Layout, the employee will need to be a Host or Project Administrator on the BIM 360 Glue project.
New in BIM 360 Glue | BIM 360 Glue | Autodesk Knowledge Network
I’ll be the first to admit that this is a bit clunky, but it does work:
- Go to the Navisworks viewpoint you want, and isolate a single element (hide everything else) that approximates the view extent
- Click nearest ViewCube corner that approximates the viewpoint you were just using
- Deselect everything and press Page Down to zoom extents
- Export to DWF and re-append
- Delete everything but this new DWF (with a single item in it)
- Glue this using the addin for Navisworks
- After Gluing, open this model, click the same ViewCube corner as in step 2, and immediately save the view as a shared view.
- Make a new Merged Model with this “view” model
- You now can view that viewpoint from Navisworks in your Merged BIM 360 Glue model
Another option using Element ID, may suit your workflow better:
- Copy Element ID from Navisworks
- Paste the ID into BIM 360 Glue in the Model Search box
- Right-click and Fit to Window
- Save the View
I am moved to join ADN and get into the Glue API, more on that later…
IdeaStation is the Autodesk term for a place to share and rate your wishlist items on various products. The BIM 360 version is here:
BIM 360 IdeaStation – Autodesk Community
You can up the rating of a given idea by clicking the Kudos button. Do you like my idea?
There are IdeaStations for other Autodesk products too. Check them out at:
Ideas-Page – Autodesk Community