For single-user subscriptions, Autodesk 2018 products can experience an intermittent crash. A fatal error message may be shown, such as the following examples:
AutoCAD Error Aborting
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at ee563c58h
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 8d6b3fb8h
The system displays an error dialog window to submit an error report.
Download and install the Autodesk License Service 5.1.5 Hotfix 1.
To download updates and hotfixes, use the Autodesk Desktop App (see Where to get Product Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements) or access the direct links below. Before installation, ensure the internet connection is working and repaired if needed.
Performing a Windows installation:
- Stop all Autodesk products that are running.
- Download the following file based on the installed Autodesk software:
Autodesk License Service (x64) – 5.1.5 HotFix 1 (560 KB)
Autodesk License Service (x86) – 5.1.5 HotFix 1 (1820 KB)
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
Mac OS links also at main page.
If you are using more than one Autodesk SSO, you may come across this problem…
- After a Windows Update or something similar, Revit is not responsive after first launch. Clicking has no effect, but there is no dialog shown either.
- You may investigate the process details and determine that LMU.exe is thrashing, and you could look at log file in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and see it growing. You can also observe something like this in the Revit Journal file:
‘C 08-Aug-2017 14:53:49.479; 0:< manage licensing
‘C 08-Aug-2017 14:54:03.845; 0:< License checkout failed: 20
‘C 08-Aug-2017 14:54:03.845; 0:< License cleanup skipped
- This is telling us there is a licensing problem. In this case, a perpetual license has somehow become deactivated. What is the fix?
You need to login with Autodesk SSO login credentials that have the Perpetual license for that product available…
To do this:
- Start Revit Viewer for the same year version that is causing the problem, such as Revit Viewer 2015
- Use the top right panel to logout and login with the correct SSO (login credentials)
- Then, attempt to launch the full Revit application
- It should re-activate itself now that the correct login credentials have been used
- You can probably switch back to other credentials now that the activation has occurred
You can also use the A360 icon to sign in, this may be more reliable in some cases:
Yet another situation where you need to know What Revit Wants 🙂
Let’s say you installed a standalone trial using BDSU media, and you are trying to switch to Networked license of Navisworks. Can it be done?
One possible method:
If you did it by making a Deployment you can modify the deployment and then running the setup again will modify your installation
If you have a manual trial install. it might that placing a LICPATH.LIC file in C:Program FilesAutodeskNavisworks Manage 2013 might do the trick
This file is nothing but an ASCII file that points to your license server
SERVER yourserver.domain 27000
How to convert Standalone to Network – Autodesk Discussion Groups
Solution for Inventor
Prior to the 2012 release we did not provide license switching at runtime. You had to uninstall the product and reinstall it with the appropriate license.
For the 2012 release products, the solution described here has only an effect on the licensing method for the individual Inventor product. If Inventor is installed as part of a suite (Factory Design Suite or Product Design suite), the other products in the suite, except AutoCAD, do not have a mechanism for runtime license switching and will continue using the license method used at install time. Below are three example scenarios.
For the 2013 release products and beyond, this solution is both valid for the individual Inventor and Inventor LT product and for Inventor and Inventor LT installed as part of a suite.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAutodeskNavisworks Manage x6410.0AdLM]
You need to move your Stand Alone Autodesk license to a new computer, either permanently or temporarily.
Most Autodesk products (including those available for Mac) include a tool called the License Transfer Utility (LTU) that enables online license transfer of stand-alone licenses from one machine to another over the Internet.
Note: The LTU is only available with our 2010 and later products. If you’re using a 2009 or earlier version, use the Portable License Utility instead.
Read more at:
How to Transfer Stand-Alone Licenses Online