I’m pretty sure this is what Revit Skyscraper is going to look like when it gets released, and I’m guessing it will be called “Collaboration for Revit” or “Revit Collaboration” (sounds like an addin, yeah?). Check out the image:
Those features again:
- Multi-firm concurrent authoring
- No IT setup required
- BIM directly accessible to other Cloud Services
I’m not breaking NDA as this was a mailout from CTC, and you can register for the webinar here.
The latest version of CTC BIM Project Suite installs an Explorer extension that can list the following without even opening Revit:
- Saved with Revit version
- Saved with Revit build
- Last saved path
- Is Revit LT file
- Worksharing mode
- Is central file
- Preview image
All you need to do is install the trial, and the Explorer extension will become available when you right click an RVT or RFA. The trial includes free tools that do not expire (see image below):
Here is a direct download link
More info on “Revit Properties”
Revit Properties is now available within the CTC BIM Project Suite download, and runs outside of Revit. This user interface provides access to basic data about Revit project files, family files, project template files and family template files.
- See the version of Revit that last saved the file
- View worksharing information about project files
This is a free tool that does not have licensing requirements
BIM Project Suite – CAD Technology Center
These are part of the Standard, Free BIM Project Suite by CTC:
||BIM List is a content management solution providing the ability to sort, search and leverage your families more effectively.
• Locate and insert families into a Revit project
• Search parameter data using filters
• Administrative controls help enforce company standards
||Detail Link automates the process of linking AutoCAD DWG details for use in the Revit project environment.
• Reduce errors and ensure consistency
• Save time by automating an otherwise manual process
||Project Link is an easy and customizable system for finding and organizing documents from inside the Revit interface.
• Make important documents and hyperlinks accessible from within Revit
• Locate and group all families that have a hyperlink associated with them
• Both administrative and user interfaces are provided
||Renumbering provides a fast and simple way to renumber your rooms and doors.
• Auto-swapping avoids duplicates
• Alphanumeric sequential numbering
• Add separators and suffixes to room and door numbers
BIM Project Suite Standard
Revit Add-Ons: BIM Project Suite 2014 from CTC – Includes 4 New Tools!