Soft2base has an auto-updated catalog of free softwares, it will highlight outdated or missing applications and propose to download and install them in a single step.
Direct portable exe link
Along similar lines, I have previously posted about Ninite
BulkFileChanger is a small utility that allows you to … Modify their created / modified / accessed time, change their file attribute (Read Only, Hidden, System) …
Download BulkFileChanger (in Zip file)
BulkFileChanger: Change date/time/attributes of multiple files
The Easiest, Fastest Way to Update or Install Software
Just pick your apps and click Get Installer. Ninite does the rest — fully automatic.
Ninite – Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
This release contains 21 free features including:
• Case Check
• Wall Filter
• Find Rooms
• FTP Login
Here are some direct links to the setup files:
Revit 2012 – Windows 7 and Vista
Revit 2012 – Windows XP
Revit 2011 – Windows 7 and Vista
Revit 2011 – Windows XP
PDF description of the Tools
Here is a link to the main page for these tools:
Charlotte’s Revit User Group
As I go about my day-t0-day, I come across some very good free programs (some of which I have posted about before – see links at bottom).
Most recently, I have come across the following free utilities:
- FreeFileSync – for comparing directories
- RichCopy – very powerful copying utility, for things like network backups etc. Replacement for Robocopy + GUI
- InfraRecorder – free burning and ISO creating utility
- Mozilla Thunderbird – just goes from strength to strength. I have used it to connect to our Exchange database at work.
- GRemote – this utility allows you to control a PC using a Windows Mobile device as an emulated mouse. Can connect either using WiFi or Bluetooth. Useful for Media Centre and Presentations.
- Microsoft Security Essentials – free antimalware and antivirus program with real time scanning from Microsoft.
Hope you find these helpful!
No doubt there are a few utilities that you just can’t do without. Here are a few of my absolute favourites:
- CutePDF Writer – just brilliant, and its free!
- 7-Zip – best archive utility (in my books), and again, its free!
- IrfanView – very fast and very functional image viewing and editing
- FolderGuide – if you are still on 32 bit Windows, this is the best way to navigate folders (in my opinion)
- CCleaner – great way to clean up after yourself
- FileZilla FTP Client – open source FTP client
- FREE PDF Tools – these are simply awesome, and yet again, totally free!
That was just a shortlist. I may post some more in future. In the meantime, what are your favourite utilities? Feel free to comment and share them with all of us…