As I go about my day-t0-day, I come across some very good free programs (some of which I have posted about before – see links at bottom).
Most recently, I have come across the following free utilities:
- FreeFileSync – for comparing directories
- RichCopy – very powerful copying utility, for things like network backups etc. Replacement for Robocopy + GUI
- InfraRecorder – free burning and ISO creating utility
- Mozilla Thunderbird – just goes from strength to strength. I have used it to connect to our Exchange database at work.
- GRemote – this utility allows you to control a PC using a Windows Mobile device as an emulated mouse. Can connect either using WiFi or Bluetooth. Useful for Media Centre and Presentations.
- Microsoft Security Essentials – free antimalware and antivirus program with real time scanning from Microsoft.
Hope you find these helpful!