This latest update for Revit 2018 has the usual bug fixes and stability improvements, but also enables IFC linking to Revit when using cloud hosted IFC files and Collaboration for Revit.
Direct Download Link
Autodesk Revit 2018.0.2 Hot Fix Readme
Jeremy Tammik has updated the source code for RevitLookup to Revit 2018, and Troy Gates has compiled it with some install notes, download here.
After copying the addin files, you will need to press ‘Always Load’ on the dialog when launching Revit 2018:
You can also grab the Revit 2018 SDK here.
2018 has received its first little update, but the 2017 is a bit more significant. More info and links below…
Revit 2018.0.1 Hot Fix
- Improved stability when using the pick line tool.*
- Improved data integrity of the local project files after download operation when using Collaboration for Revit.
Revit 2017.2.1 Update
What’s New in Revit 2018 – Official blog:
Coordination Model Link:
coordination model linking lets you use a Navisworks file as an underlay in Revit, making it easier to coordinate with outside teams that might not be working in Revit
with Revit 2018 you can also attach railings to topography to model fencing, road barriers, or outdoor handrails
New Structural Features:
Webinar on new features:
Revit 2018 New API Features:
Download using the links at:
A few revealing hints from a recent BIM and Beam post:
- the forthcoming Advance Steel 2018 release next month will now offer seamless consumption of LOD 350* Revit models
- Autodesk’s Steel Connections for Revit 2018 release will include several major updates including over 130 parametric steel connections
- Autodesk Steel Connections for Revit 2018 is expected to be available starting April 14, 2017
via this post:
BIM and Beam