From Revit Randoms –
- Download the files here: Upgrade_PurgeUnused.zip
- Extract to a folder of families you want to purge.
- Copy the first family in your category and paste and rename it in the same folder.
- Edit the ‘Upgrade_PurgeUnused.txt’ file.
- Insert the file path of your ‘dummy’ family file.(update all 3 file paths)
- Save and close.
- Run the upgrade.rfa script.
- Drag the ‘Upgrade_PurgeUnused.txt’ file onto your Revit icon. (make sure Revit is closed first.)
- Watch in amazement as Revit opens and purges your families.
- Go make coffee.
Now this can be used on any category of family, but you will need to make a dummy family that can be loaded into each category, else it will not work.
In the post, he also references some journal scripts by Aaron Maller that use the old File Upgrader to Transfer Project Standards from a project to families. The benefits of the old Upgrader are shown at: http://cadalot-revitlearningcurve.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/file-upgrader-for-revit-vs-content.html