You can configure the Microsoft Installer (MSI) to turn on verbose logging for this installation. Follow these steps:
- Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, browse to the following folder:
Note: Windows 7 does not include this key and you will need to manually add the Installer key to the registry. Right-click on the Windows subkey and choose New > Key and then rename New Key #1 to Installer.
- Right-click an empty area in the right pane. Click New > String Value.
- Enter Logging for the name.
- Double-click Logging.
- Enter voicewarmup in the Value Data box and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and run the installation again.
The log files created using this method are located in the %TEMP% folder and are named MSI#####.log, where ##### is a 5-digit number.