Erik Egbertson over at Inside the Factory made a comment about modeling a Stealth Aircraft in a recent post, and it got me thinking. How would you go about it?
Now, I’m sure it would be possible to do it with the Conceptual Modeling tools, but it could take a while.
Why not utilise some existing 3D content and import it into a family? I described that workflow in my post Contextual 3D Views – Shaded vs Rendered. Basically, you need to:
- Download a Sketchup model that you like the look of (from http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/).
- In Revit, create a New-Generic Model family.
- Import the SKP file using Import CAD.
- Make sure the resulting geometry is of an appropriate size.
- Save the family and load it into your project.
Please note that there may be copyright on these models.So, about that Stealth Aircraft. Here is the link.