Its possible you are already using one or more of these… This list comes from Revit Modelling India:
Moustafa Khalil has freely released an Android app and a Revit listener addin that essentially accomplishes a site-to-Revit connection for RFI input into Revit. Essentially, you install the Revit addin, setup the FTP connection, login on the Android app and then take some pictures of RFIs from site. You then add some comments and data to the photo submission, and this is automatically captured into Revit through the FTP site and Revit addin.
Its an interesting approach to this problem. Amazing what someone can accomplish when they think a little outside the box and connect a few different technologies. Nice work.
This will also allow you to create an Instagram account even if you don’t have an Iphone or Android phone…
Rondo is a company involved in the manufacture and supply of a wide range of lighter gauge roll formed steel products and systems, primarily for the construction industry in Australia, New Zealand, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
They have released an iPhone / iPad app:
- Work out what Rondo products are needed for a project
- Calculate maximum loads and spans for a wall or ceiling design
- Determine the most economical Rondo Steel Stud Wall Framing System design possible for a particular layout and the next best solution
- Estimate what quantity of Rondo products are needed and the pack size they come in
- Find out the radius required, sweep angle and length of arc for curved designs
- Email yourself or colleagues a copy of the wall or ceiling design
- Locate the nearest place to source Rondo products, either by current location using GPS technology or by running a search
- Simply email your calculated results directly to a Rondo stockist to receive a quote, click to call or get directions using Google maps