Currently, exporting a flat 2D DWG file from AutoCAD or Navisworks to Revizto will probably yield the following message:
However, you can simply take these steps to work around the issue:
- Open the DWG file
- Select all objects
- Change the Thickness to something small but non-zero (like 0.1)
- Export the model to Revizto (either directly or via Navisworks)
- Once in Revizto, you may want to change the background of your Scene to all-white or some solid colour. Just click on Edit -> Lighting and Materials
- In the Editor, click on Illumination -> Environment Settings and change the Sky Type to Color
- Finally, click Save and Quit
In Revizto Viewer, you can now see your DWG file as thin surfaces where there used to be 2D lines. This also means that you can use the measure tool:
You can use a similar method to the above (change Thickness to non-zero) while using a 2D DWG file, to:
- export from AutoCAD to Navisworks as ‘3D’ elements
- export an FBX from AutoCAD as 3D
These are part of the Standard, Free BIM Project Suite by CTC:
||BIM List is a content management solution providing the ability to sort, search and leverage your families more effectively.
• Locate and insert families into a Revit project
• Search parameter data using filters
• Administrative controls help enforce company standards
||Detail Link automates the process of linking AutoCAD DWG details for use in the Revit project environment.
• Reduce errors and ensure consistency
• Save time by automating an otherwise manual process
||Project Link is an easy and customizable system for finding and organizing documents from inside the Revit interface.
• Make important documents and hyperlinks accessible from within Revit
• Locate and group all families that have a hyperlink associated with them
• Both administrative and user interfaces are provided
||Renumbering provides a fast and simple way to renumber your rooms and doors.
• Auto-swapping avoids duplicates
• Alphanumeric sequential numbering
• Add separators and suffixes to room and door numbers
BIM Project Suite Standard
Revit Add-Ons: BIM Project Suite 2014 from CTC – Includes 4 New Tools!
You may need to run this in VirtualBox or XP mode if you have a modern system?
CADVANCE 6.5 Form