Ever wanted to bulk duplicate views from one level to another level? There are various addins and ways to do this, but it is also relatively simple in Dynamo:
- Get views using Dynamo definition, and
- Get view element IDs and send them to clipboard
- Close Dynamo
- Select by ID… Paste the IDs
- Copy (Ctrl + C)
- Paste – Aligned to Selected Level
Using some Bakery nodes, the Dynamo definition would look something like this:
RevitAPI: How to resize cropbox of view? – AEC DevBlog
Copying Views Selected in Projec… – Autodesk Community
2012 Filtering for all instances, of all types, of a particular family.
RevitCat: Copying Views Between Revit Projects
To lock to the current selection
- Right-click the ViewCube and click Lock to Selection. If Lock to Selection is checked when a view orientation change occurs, the ViewCube uses the selected objects to calculate the center of the view and zooms to the extents of the selected objects. When the option is unchecked, the ViewCube uses the selected objects to calculate the center of the view and zooms to the extents of the model.
To examine an individual object with the ViewCube
- In the model, select one or more objects to define the center point of the view.
- Click one of the preset locations on the ViewCube, or click and drag the ViewCube to reorient the view of the model. The ViewCube reorients the view of the model based on the center point of the selected objects.