You are going to RTC. Will it be amazing? Probably. But will you get the most out of it? That is completely up to YOU. Here are a few pointers.
- Drink lots of coffee (in moderation, of course)
- Talk to as many people as you can – target the people who you have made contact with online but haven’t met in person
- Get your own name out there in conversation – make sure you say something memorable, like “this Rivett program is cool, hey”
- If you get bored, go get another coffee
Here is the golden tip – for each session that you attend, make a note of 2 (two) things that you think you can use. These may be
- ways to customize your Revit environment,
- online resources you didn’t know about,
- anything that could improve your personal workflow or your company standards.
But aim for 2 points per session. More points make it difficult to actually recall and apply them, less and you are not getting your RTC value-for-money.
PS – Feel free to post your own ‘survival tips’ in the comments…