Have you ever experienced the “Missing Third Party Updater” message? It comes about when an Updater (addin or macro) is in use, and then does not exist on a PC that is new to the project.
You must close all local files, open and click do not warn on your central, and then recreate locals. Otherwise the locals will continue to write the tag back into your central and from your central into the locals.
In my case, this wasn’t enough to fix the issue. The updater message still showed. I did this:
- Opened the Central with Audit and Detach ticked
- Clicked the “Do Not Warn…” option
- Saved the file as a Central with a different filename
- Closed the file and opened it in the usual method (with Save New Local ticked)
- The warning did not show anymore
Remove pinlock updater from Revit model