Manufacturers are really starting to get on board with Revit and create some interesting tools, like this one from SALDA. Basically, it connects their AHU selection software with a Revit addin that builds or updates the AHU families automatically.
To get it up and running:
- Install Ventmaster http://www.salda.lt/ventmaster/v5/ventsetup5.exe
- Install Revit addin for 2016 or 2017
- Restart Revit
- On the ribbon, click open VentMaster
- Select a piece of equipment in VentMaster
- Click Insert AHU
From the guide:
VentMaster V5 Revit Plug-In
is a tool that allows Autodesk Revit users to insert Air Handling Units (Exhaust AHU, Supply AHU, Heat recovery AHU and AHU with heat recovery coil) after their selection in the main AHU selection software. Software automatically creates Air Handling Units and imports all the necessary design information into Autodesk Revit. All needed parameters are visible for regular Autodesk Revit users. Software allows users to update the families after changes have been made in the model.
The main functions:
- Choose AHU in VentMaster V5 software;
- Export AHU to Autodesk Revit;
- Insert AHU to Autodesk Revit;
- Update AHU according to the newest changes.