In case you missed it, the AEC Collection now includes:
- Revit Live
- Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- Structural Bridge Design
- Dynamo Studio
- Advance Steel
- Fabrication CADmep
You should find these in your Autodesk account after logging in.
Quote from In The Fold:
Here are some highlights of what we’re adding to the AEC Collection.
In the new Collection, you’ll find Revit Live. Revit Live allows you to visualize your Revit models by turning them into immersive visual experiences. You can even take your designs into a virtual reality environment—in just two clicks of your mouse.
Also included is world-class analysis and computational design software. Robot Structural Analysis Professional and Structural Bridge Design work with Revit to extend your capabilities to perform structural analysis for any structure. And, you can now access the Dynamo Studio standalone programming environment to help solve challenges faster by automating workflows that drive the geometry and behavior of your design models.
Finally, the AEC Collection now extends capabilities from design to fabrication. Interoperable with Revit and Navisworks, we’ve added Advance Steel and Fabrication CADmep to the Collection so you can conceive, model and fabricate better MEP and structural steel systems on an integrated platform.
Original post: http://blogs.autodesk.com/inthefold/aec-collection-additions/
Autodesk’s answer to realtime rendering from Revit is continuing its steady development. Now known as Autodesk Revit Live (formerly Autodesk LIVE), the new features include being able to choose visual styles for RPC, and support for Revit LT.
Online release notes:
- Level of Details geometry generation and material instancing have been added to the LIVE Service to enhance performance when working with large models and/or virtual reality.
- The handle used to move and rotate the Minimap has been replaced by using the Controller Grip buttons. This provides a more natural and instinctive way to move, rotate, and scale your Minimap model.
|People Styles and Animation
- You can choose between three visual styles for the RPC characters imported from Revit as part of your scene.
- Characters have subtle animation that can be turned on or off.
- Characters can be hidden or made visible.
- The view name is part of the default header.
- The scene’s header is editable.
- Texture orientation and offsets are consistent with what is set in Revit.
- Customer texture files placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures folder are used in LIVE service to generate the LIVE models.
- Presentations published from scenes prepared from the same Revit file but different 3D views no longer overwrite each other.
|Revit LT support
- LIVE is available for Revit LT.