Sometimes in Glue addin for Revit will fail with the message “One or more gluing errors occurred“.
You may be able to workaround this problem by following these steps:
- After receiving the error, immediately browse to your Temp directory. To do this, open Windows Explorer and type %TEMP% in the address bar.
- Sort by Date Modified
- Look for a DWF or NWC that matches the View Name that failed to Glue in Revit
- Grab that file, and remove the suffix (usually a few digits) so that the DWF Filename = View Name = Glue Model name
- Using the Glue desktop app, upload that model manually
|Renamed model ready for upload
This process opens up an interesting possibility… usually when exporting a DWF using plain Revit, it will always use Project Internal coordinates. However, the Glue addin can actually export DWFs with Shared Coordinates (if you choose that in the Glue export More Options dialog).
Using the above steps 1-5, you can ‘find’ this DWF with Shared Coordinates and use it wherever you please… such as in Navisworks.
BIM360 Docs site is now live at:
Previously known as Project Alexandria, the official media release can be read here. And the ‘announcement’ video can be viewed here:
Interestingly, there is some talk of a completely free offering, after the free preview:
Autodesk is now accepting reservations for a limited release and free preview version of Autodesk BIM 360 Docs at www.bim360.com/docs. The product is expected to come to market in early 2016. In addition to the free, limited version of BIM 360 Docs, Autodesk will offer the option to subscribe to additional capabilities that scale to meet more advanced needs of construction firms. The product will initially be available in English only.
Click Reserve your spot here and then fill out the form if you want to get access to the Preview:
- Publish and manage all project document file types in a single system with support for unlimited users and unlimited storage.
- Maintain control and secure project data with folder-level, permission-based access.
- Easily extract and organize individual project documents from multi-sheet files & 3D models, featuring title block OCR for organization.
- Ensure that the entire project team is working with the correct documents with version control and online/offline access on mobile devices.
- View 2D PDF drawings with optimized zoom capabilities to quickly review details.
Create and share markups for collaborative design reviews with the team.
- View and navigate 3D models, access object properties, use sectioning tools and explore models with gravity-based walk throughs.
- Quickly navigate between 2D plans and 3D models on any device, without having to close the viewer.